Looking to take your home cider, wine and juice making to the next level? The Spindle Press is the perfect choice for extracting the maximum amount of juice from your fruit!
With its 12 litre capacity and high-quality materials, including food grade stainless steel and sustainably sourced beechwood, this spindle press exerts gentle, even pressure to extract nutrient-rich juice in the traditional French winemaking method.
You'll also love the 4.5 litres of juice you can yield per pressing (depending on the ripeness and crushing of your fruit), as well as the ability to use the press for a variety of fruits like raspberries, pears, currants, and more.
Our spindle press even comes with:
- A tub of food grade grease
- 4 wooden spacer blocks
- Full setup instructions
- A cider making starter guide to get you started
Please note that apples must be crushed into a pomace before pressing, and we recommend checking out our 'How To Crush Apples' and 'Crushers and Mills' sections for further information. For a low-budget option, we suggest pairing the 6 Litre Hobby Fruit Press with the popular 'Pulpmaster with Bucket'. Start making your own delicious juice and cider today!
Our comprehensive 2 year warranty means you can trust that you're making a solid investment. Order your 12 Litre Stainless Steel Spindle Press today and start making the best cider of your life!
The press is super easy to use! Even children can have a go and enjoy their making their own fresh fruit juice! (With adult supervision of course). Here's how:
- Set up the press cage on the metal base.
- Fill with crushed fruit.
- Place the two halves of the pressure plate over the fruit pulp and fit the press block and mechanism onto the spindle.
- Using the supplied metal handle for additional leverage, twist the spindle mechanism the begin pressing the fruit.
- In no time at all you will see fresh juice beginning to flow from between the slats!
- Be sure to have a bucket or other vessel at the ready to catch the juice.
- Store the juice for later, or enjoy it right away if it's just too irresistible!
- Made from food grade, high quality stainless steel - AISI304
- Strong, light, rust resistant base plate with lip, supported by strong stainless steel legs which can be bolted to a table
- Press cage made from sustainable oak, girded with stainless steel hoops
- Stainless steel spindle bolted, not welded, to the base for easy removal in case of damage
- Weight: 12.5 kg
- Height: 63 cm
- Width: 40 cm
- Length: 40 cm
- Basket Capacity: 11kg
- Juice Output: 4.5L per pressing
Easy to clean, simply hose down with fresh water after use and dry with a clean cloth. Lubricate the non-food contact metal parts with food grade grease; this will also inhibit corrosion of these parts. Store in a clean, dry place.