A 9 litre spindle press constructed from durable cast iron, full usage instructions and a starter guide to juice and cider making.
- The entry level model in our highly acclaimed cast iron range of fruit presses.
- Uncompromising quality – built to last a lifetime, from the finest materials: cast iron for the base, sustainably sourced beechwood for the cage and pressure plate, and 304 grade stainless steel for the spindle mechanism.
- Each one is built by hand and delivered to you fully assembled and ready to go.
- Uses a spindle mechanism and pressure plate to gently extract juice from your fruit, retaining the maximum amount of nutrients and flavour possible.
- The original method of fruit pressing first pioneered centuries ago by French winemakers.
All our presses come with a comprehensive 2 year warranty against faulty workmanship. Should any part of the press fail during normal use then just let us know and we’ll repair or replace it for you.
Note: Apples must be crushed into a pomace before pressing. See 'How To Crush Apples' and 'Crushers and Mills' for further info. The 'Pulpmaster with Bucket' is a very popular, low budget choice which is ideal for use with the 9 litre cast iron press.
The press is super easy to use! Even children can have a go and enjoy their making their own fresh fruit juice! (With adult supervision of course). Here's how:
- Set up the press cage on the metal base.
- Fill with crushed fruit.
- Place the two halves of the pressure plate over the fruit pulp and fit the press block and mechanism onto the spindle.
- Using the supplied metal handle for additional leverage, twist the spindle mechanism the begin pressing the fruit.
- In no time at all you will see fresh juice beginning to flow from between the slats!
- Be sure to have a bucket or other vessel at the ready to catch the juice.
- Store the juice for later, or enjoy it right away if it's just too irresistible!
- Robust cast iron base plate with lip supported on strong cast iron legs which can be bolted to a table
- Holds up to 8½ kg (18 lbs) of crushed fruit, producing up to 3.5 litres (6 pints) of juice from each pressing
- Ironwork protected by a tough EU/British standard, food-grade coating
- Press cage made from sustainable oak staves, girded by iron hoops
- Includes 2 semi-circular beech discs and spacer blocks
- Stainless steel spindle bolted, not welded, to the base for easy removal in case of damage
- Leg boltholes allow press to be mounted on a stand or table at a convenient working height
- Basic Cider & Juice Making booklet by Alex Hill
- A free tub of food grade grease is supplied with this press
- Height: 59cm / 23¼"
- Cage diameter: 23.5cm / 9¼"
- Overall diameter: 36cm / 14¼"
- Weight: 14kg / 31 lbs
Easy to clean, simply hose down with fresh water after use and dry with a clean cloth. Lubricate the non-food contact metal parts with food grade grease; this will also inhibit corrosion of these parts. Store in a clean, dry place.