These food-safe fermentation eggs are manufactured by Speidel, who have been producing high quality tanks for the wine and beverage industries for over 100 years. Speidel tanks are used by successful drink producers all over the world.
The organic fermentation in the egg-form is based on a perfect ratio without corners and edges. Wine, beer and cider can move fluently during fermentation and storage. Fermentation or aging in egg shaped vessels is nothing new - in history beer was placed for resting in amphoraes. Recently there were several successful tests for storage of wine in the egg shaped fermentation vessels made of concrete. Shortly afterwards, Speidel developed its own fermentation egg made of food-grade polyethylene.
- For fermentation of wine, beer and cider
- Fans of the Speidel fermentation egg have reported a spontaneous fermentation process which gave their wines and beers more complexity of character
- High permeability of oxygen, for even oxygen influence and ideal conditions for fermentation and maturation
- Very easy to clean due to smooth inner surfaces without corners/edges
- Supplied with lid and two outlets
- Available in 60, 250 & 600 litre capacities
Bung and Airlock included - Valves not included
The fermentation egg is appropriate for the fermentation of wine, beer and cider.
Note: 250 litre and 600 litre versions are delivered on a pallet - allow 5 working days for delivery. Delivery included in price - UK Mainland (exc. Scottish Highlands). See delivery page for charges to other regions.
The fermentation egg is appropriate for the fermentation of wine, beer and cider. Fans and devotees of the fermentation egg confirm that the fermentation process runs spontaneous, therefore wine, beer and cider taste more filigree and complex.
Outlets: 2 x 3/4" BSP female thread Dimensions: 48cm diameter; 79cm high
Outlets: 2 x 1" BSP female thread Dimensions: 76cm diameter; 120cm high
Outlets: 2 x 1" BSP female thread Dimensions: 103cm diameter; 157cm high
High quality food-safe polyethylene tanks designed for wine, cider and juice makers. Suitable for fermentation of wine, cider and beer, and for storage.
- Smooth internal surfaces for easy cleaning without chemicals
- Wide top opening for easy access
- Airtight seals to preserve the quality of the contents
- Thick walls to preserve flavour and restrict oxidation
- Compact, stable construction
Very easy to clean thanks to the smooth inner surface and no corners for debris to get stuck in. Clean, warm water should be sufficient, however a steriliser such as VWP can be added if desired.